Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this in Todays Parent. So simple and so good!
Make and share this Lemon Garlic Chicken and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs new potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Pour about half of the olive oil into a large skillet or dutch oven and place over high heat. Add the chicken breast chunks, sprinkle with some of the salt and pepper and cook quickly until slightly browned (it won't be fully cooked). Remove chicken from pan, leaving as much oil as possible.
- Pour the rest of the olive oil into the pan and return to high heat. Add the potatoes, carrots, garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add the chicken broth, lemon juice and sprinkle in the flour, stirring until blended. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover the pan and lower the heat to medium. Add the browned chicken chunks, adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper, if necessary and continue to cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender.
Really good and easy! Thanks soulmatesforever......
This was a nice simple dish with good flavour. A little oily for our preference though so next time I'll use less oil. Used baby potatoes cut in quarters and garden carrots cut into sticks and it was a good combination of tastes. Will make again.
Great flavor! I like chunky potatos which made my cooking time was longer, so I waited awhile longer to add the chicken for the last phase. Mmm mmm good!