1/2 Photos of Lemony Chicken and Scallion Orzo, Risotto-Style
A quick, tasty dish influenced by the flavors of Greek cuisine. Easy, different, and a great way to use up left over chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- 2Sautee the white portions of the scallions until tender, reserve the green portions.
- 3Add pasta and stir frequently until some of the grains are toasted golden brown.
- 4Add 1 cup of the chicken broth, and allow it to absorb, stirring frequently. When it's almost dry, add another 1/2 cup of broth. Continue in this fashion until the pasta is al dente. If you need more liquid, just add a bit more water.
- 5Add chicken, herbs, rest of scallion, Greek seasoning, and juice from half the lemon, stirring until the chicken is warmed through and the herbs have wilted a bit.
- 6The orzo should be soft, and a thick, almost creamy sauce should have developed. At this point, add the myzithra cheese and stir until it's thoroughly incorporated.
- 7Add additional salt, pepper, and lemon juice to correct the seasoning.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Chicken and Scallion Orzo, Risotto-Style
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 753.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: