Sauted scallops in garlic and Greek seasoning served over a bed of linguini with a crusty farm bread or toasted pita, a greek salad and feta cheese. Thinly sliced veggies add color and texture to this fast made meal that tastes like you slaved when actually you had time to grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy it before dinner.
- 1 lb scallops, 1-inch cubed if large
- 1 lb linguine
- 16 ounces frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 medium onion, quartered thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 smashed garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning (I use Greek Seasoning (Spice))
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- feta cheese
- Heat large skillet, add olive oil, saute onions and garlic until just tender, add in frozen stir fry vegetables ( or you can dice yourself fresh veggies but this is a quick way) and saute until tender. (about 10 min).
- Remove from pan into large bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter and scallops into heated pan with spices, cook until scallops are opaque (about 5 minutes).
- Remove and add to bowl, cover to retain heat.
- Meanwhile, have a pan of water to boil, add linguini and cook as per instructions until al dente (5-8 min).
- Strain and put back into pot with Tbsp butter and palmful of feta cheese, stir until blended.
- Pour into bowl with scallops and vegetable and mix together.
- Squeeze lemon and then sprinkle more feta to taste, or serve on side.
- Dinner takes less than 30 minutes from freezer to table and yet it tastes like you worked very hard( as per my family and guests).
- *Prep time is longer to julliene vegetables if not using frozen veggies. I have done both ways, after work frozen veggies are handier.