1 hr 8 mins
I stole this recipe from Mike Kalina who stole the ravioli recipe from Windows on the World Restaurant, and the vanilla sauce from L'Archestrate in Paris. It's a triple copycat worth repeating!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 small cooked lobsters, meat removed
- 3/4 lb chanterelle mushrooms or 3/4 lb brown button mushroom
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 ounces creme fraiche
- white pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- pasta dough
- 1Dice the lobster meat (you can use shrimp or scallops for this, or a mixture which is what I do).
- 2Clean the mushrooms and dice and saute in butter in a large sauce pan.
- 3Add the shallot and mix in the creme fraiche and quickly bring to a boil.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Add the chives and lobster meat.
- 6gently blend.
- 7Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 9Vanilla Butter Sauce----------------.
- 10Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- 11Add the shallots and simmer until soft.
- 12Add the vinegar and white wine, cook, uncovered at a low boil until the mixture reduces to about 2 Tablespoons.
- 13Lower the heat to moderate and add a few cubes of butter, remove the pan form the heat and whisk vigorously until the butter is blended inches.
- 14Continue to add the butter this way-on the heat, off the heat.
- 15Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- 16Scrape the vanilla bean and whisk it into the sauce.
- 17Strain the sauce into a clean saucepan, using pressure with a wooden spoon to make sure that as much of the vanilla and shallots goes through as possible.
- 18Putting it together--------------------.
- 19Roll out your pasta dough by machine or hand and lay flat.
- 20It should be about 5 inches across.
- 21Place about 1/2 T of lobster mixture, 4 to a row.
- 22Repeat and top with a fresh sheet of dough.
- 23Press down with hands and cut into squares.
- 24Crimp with a fork.
- 26You can use won ton wrappers if you prefer.
- 27Put ravioli into a boiling pot of salted water-they cook very fast.
- 28When they float to the surface they are done.
- 29Remove, drain and place in a serving dish, topped with the sauce.
- 30By the way, I double the sauce!
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Ravioli With Vanilla Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.7
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 212.1 mg
- Sodium 555.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar