Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
A slightly different way to make Honey Puffs. No yeast required. I'm posting this for ZWT 6. Greece
- In a large mixing bowl combine milk, flour and brandy.
- Beat until batter is thick and bubbly.
- Fill a large heavy pan with oil to a depth of at least 2". If possible it is better to use an electric deep fryer or electric fry pan because of the constant controlled temperature.
- Heat the oil to 375-400*. Work in a well ventilated room.
- Drop batter from teaspoon or tablespoon into hot oil.
- Dip spoon in cup of cold water each time before dipping in batter so batter will not stick to spoon.
- Fry 4-5 loukoumades at a time turning often until puffed and golden on all sides. The frying process usually takes 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from oil and drain in colander or in bowl lined with paper towels.
- Heat honey and 2 Tblsp. of water in a saucepan.
- To serve, arrange hot Loukoumades on a platter and pour hot honey over each one. Sprinkle with cinnamon. If desired, sprinkle with chopped walnuts.Serve hot and immediately.
- Left over cooked dry Loukoumades may be wrapped in plastic or aluminum foil and frozen. When ready to use, defrost completely, place uncovered on ungreased baking sheet and heat through in preheated moderate oven. Serve with honey, cinnamon and finely chopped walnuts as above.
DH loved these. Pretty quick to put together too. Made for ZWT6.