1/1 Photo of Loukoumades (Honey Puffs)
A slightly different way to make Honey Puffs. No yeast required. I'm posting this for ZWT 6. Greece
My Private Note
dozen l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl combine milk, flour and brandy.
- 2Beat until batter is thick and bubbly.
- 3Fill a large heavy pan with oil to a depth of at least 2". If possible it is better to use an electric deep fryer or electric fry pan because of the constant controlled temperature.
- 4Heat the oil to 375-400*. Work in a well ventilated room.
- 5Drop batter from teaspoon or tablespoon into hot oil.
- 6Dip spoon in cup of cold water each time before dipping in batter so batter will not stick to spoon.
- 7Fry 4-5 loukoumades at a time turning often until puffed and golden on all sides. The frying process usually takes 2-4 minutes.
- 8Remove from oil and drain in colander or in bowl lined with paper towels.
- 9Heat honey and 2 Tblsp. of water in a saucepan.
- 10To serve, arrange hot Loukoumades on a platter and pour hot honey over each one. Sprinkle with cinnamon. If desired, sprinkle with chopped walnuts.Serve hot and immediately.
- 11Left over cooked dry Loukoumades may be wrapped in plastic or aluminum foil and frozen. When ready to use, defrost completely, place uncovered on ungreased baking sheet and heat through in preheated moderate oven. Serve with honey, cinnamon and finely chopped walnuts as above.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loukoumades (Honey Puffs)
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 353.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 62.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: