I love spanakopita, but can't really have that while low carbing. I find this to be a good substitute while still losing weight.
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained & squeezed dry
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 8 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Stir together ingredients and bake in a greased glass pie pan for 45-50 minutes at 375°F or until firm and lightly browned.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This is so delicious. One recommendation, I liked to add a generous sprinkling of grated parmesan on top before baking. It melts and browns into a really nice crust that makes it taste more like "real" spanakopita.
This is a great recipe. It tastes delicious but is so good for you. I followed the ingredients per recipe. I used 1/2 fresh spinach that had been steamed a little and 1/2 frozen. Made for ZWT4.
Really good! Served as a side dish with Greek chicken and potatoes but could have eaten as a main dish and been happy. I used lowfat feta and one bag of frozen organic spinach from Trader Joes which was less than called for and didn't squeeze out all of the water. Still worked well. Will make again, thanks!