Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband found this recipe on a website about a year ago and it has become a staple in our home. (The website is www.urbandrivel.blogspot.com there are quite a few good recipes if you're interested). It's great with Falafel, fresh veggies and pita wedges.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons water
- juice of one lime
- zest of one lime
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1. Process chickpeas, water, lime zest and juice, cilantro, tahini, salt, garlic, and half of the olive oil in food processor for about 1-1 1/2 minutes or until smooth.
- 2. Transfer hummus into a bowl and chill for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Serve with remaining olive oil, cayenne pepper, and additional lime juice if desired (I usually don't).