Serve hot or serve cold on lettuce leaves. Garnish with paprika, thin slices of lemon and green olives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups warm milk
- 2 cups grated romano cheese (fresh grated) or 2 cups grated kefalotiri (fresh grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large pot, bring water and salt to a rapid boil; add macaroni.
- 3Stir a few times with a fork; boil macaroni until al dente according to package directions (7-9 minutes).
- 4Drain macaroni well and return to pot.
- 5Mix oregano, garlic powder and flour into melted butter.
- 6Stir butter into pasta, cover, and keep warm.
- 7Beat eggs until frothy.
- 8Add pepper, cinnamon, and milk, and beat until well mixed.
- 9Place half of the macaroni in a 9x12-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 10Cover macaroni with 1/2 cup of cheese.
- 11Add another layer of macaroni.
- 12Gently pour egg/milk mixture over macaroni, making sure macaroni is well covered.
- 13On top of this add a thick layer of cheese.
- 14Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top is bubbly and light brown.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Makaronia Pastitsio (Greek Creamed Macaroni and Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 870.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g