This came from my mom after I begged for the recipe. Can me made a day ahead, I think it gets better the longer it sits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1 lb feta
- 6 -7 ounces kalamata olives (about 6.5 oz of actual olives)
- 12 -16 ounces Baby Spinach
- 10 -15 large basil leaves (can leave out)
- 1/2-1 whole red onion, diced (add as much as you like)
- 5 fresh mint leaves (can leave out)
- 1Prepare salad dressing.
- 2Roll the basil and mint into a cigar like roll and slice thin as you can.
- 3Dice the red onion.
- 4Cook the orzo until it is al dente, about 9 minutes and drain.
- 5While it is still hot stir in the salad dressing, then 1/2 of the crumbled feta.
- 6Next stir in the spinache, mint/basil, olives and red onions. You do not need to chop the spnache as the heat from the pasta will wilt it.
- 7Let it sit for a couple of hours, or even better over night.
- 8Before you serve it, stir in the remaining feta and re-adjust the salt and pepper. If it seems a little dry add some olive oil.
- 9Note: Go light on the salt as the feta is salty and you will be adding feta at 2 different times.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Greek Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.6
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 685.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 13.7 g