Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great yoghurt marinade that is great for lamb steaks and won't cause them to dry out.
Make and share this Marinade for Lamb Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients in a freezer bag(s) and add the lamb to coat.
- Marinade in the fridge overnight.
- Bring lamb to room temperature and grill or broil until done to your liking.
- Serve with couscous flavoured with chopped scallions and chopped fresh mint.
boy was this tasty! i used lamb chops, since the steaks aren't readily available in my area. i halved the recipe, and the chops marinated for several days. cooked it using a grill pan, but i think it would taste even better on the bbq... we just bought one and need to assemble it, or i would have plunked these on the bbq. the green peppercorns add just a bit of tang to this and complement the other flavors very well. next time i think i might alter the proportions a bit and use a bit less yogurt and a bit more of the garlic and peppercorns. yum!