3 hrs 25 mins
This is a wonderful way to fix chicken breasts so they are healthy but still taste good. The chicken turns out very moist thanks to the marinating time. Basil, known to ancient Greeks as the royal herb, adds a bright summery flavor to this Mediterranean-influenced dish. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup bottled clear Italian salad dressing (such as Newman's Own)
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup wild rice
- 1/3 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 cup broccoli floret, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 -10 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- 1Put chicken in a ziptop bag and add dressing.
- 2Marinate in refrigerator 2-6 hours, turning bag occasionally to coat.
- 3In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- 4Add uncooked rice.
- 5Return to boil; reduce heat.
- 6Cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- 7Stir broccoli and scallions into rice.
- 8Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 9Meanwhile, drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- 10In a nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 11Add chicken; cook 10 minutes, turning once, or until no longer pink at centers.
- 12Heat broiler.
- 13Lay basil leaves on breast halves in skillet.
- 14Arrange tomato slices over basil leaves, overlapping as necessary.
- 15Top each with a half-slice of cheese.
- 16Broil 3-4 inches from heat about 1 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 17Serve with rice and broccoli.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Chicken Breasts With Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 736.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
part-skim mozzarella cheese