Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Posting for ZWT Greek Prep time includes 1 1/2 Hours sitting time
Make and share this Marinated Feta Cheese With Orange, Green Olives, and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon" minced" fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes about 2 cups
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pitted green olives, about 4 ounces
- Cook 1 cup of the oil, the garlic, oregano, orange zest, and pepper flakes in a small saucepan over low heat until the garlic is softened, about 18 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and gently stir in the feta and olives. Cover and let sit until the mixture reaches room temperature, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup oil and serve. (The mixture can be transferred to an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 1 week. Before serving, let sit at room temperature until the oil liquefies about 1 hour.).
We liked the combination of orange and chilli flakes with the salty feta cheese. Spread on hot toast - creamy, salty and hot. Made for ZWT 6 for Unrulies Under The Influence.