I came up with this yesterday, and it's so amazing! It's like a Greek village salad, with a yummy vinaigrette dressing. So fresh and cool in the summer!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, cubed (crumbed works too)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- spring greens (optional)
- Combine vegetables and cheese in large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, basil, oregano, salt & pepper; whisk. Add dressing to salad, and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve on spring mix or other lettuce.