12 hrs 15 mins
My husband: The guy marinated chunks of meat in yogurt and I forget what else. Make that. It was Greek. Me (after looking at all the shows on FN for that day): Which guy? Husband: Did I say guy? It was Barefoot. Yesterday, I think. From Barefoot Contessa: Go Greek, Episode BX0204H
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary, salt to taste, and pepper to taste; add lamb or beef, stir to coat, cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight or up to 2 days.
- 2Prepare a charcoal grill; if using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes so they do not char.
- 3Cut lamb into 1 1/2 inch cubes, you'll have about 20.
- 4Cut onion into 8 wedges, separating into sections of 3 or 4.
- 5Thread skewers with 3 or 4 pieces of meat alternating with onion sections.
- 6Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- 7Grill, turning 2 or 3 times, until medium rare, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Kebabs (Ina Garten)
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.5
- Calories from Fat 596
- Total Fat 66.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 178.0 mg
- Sodium 185.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 42.6 g