2 hrs 5 mins
This is an adopted recipe and should be made with larger, older, not itty bitty baby octopus. The flavour of vinegar and lemon here are strong and not to everyone's taste. If you are fond of tako sashimi, this is not for you. But if Mediterranean fish salads are your thing, this is authentic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place octopus in a large pan with plenty of water and boil for 2 hours.
- 2Remove from heat; wash and remove the skin.
- 3Cut in desired size pieces.
- 4In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the lemon juice, and add octopus.
- 5Mix well; cover; and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 6When ready to serve, stir in the lemon juice.
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Octopus
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.8
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: