1/3 Photos of Marmie's Baked/Grilled Stuffed Greek Style Tomatoes
Inspired by a Stuffed Greek Tomatoes posted by Mikey Tuscon. I loved his recipe cold ...such a neat "Greek Salad" I had made a whole Greek meal including a typical Greek salad so I thought these would be wonderful warm instead...so as to to enhance the sweetness of the tomato. Amazing! They make the perfect appy! So easy to prepare ahead of time, a real time saver when entertaining. I have made them several times now and I think you will like them. Serve with garlic cheese bread, yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, chopped very finely
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated is best
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives (sliced)
- 12 slices cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered for garnish (or diced and mixed into cheese or onion mixture if desired...or roasted garlic makes it nicely mild)
- fresh basil, shredded
- fresh ground pepper and kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1Mix onion, feta, olives, fresh ground pepper to taste, 1 - 2 Tablespoons EVOO (and garlic if desired here as opposed to on top of tomato) together and let sit until ready to stuff tomato.
- 2Cut tomato in half width ways and gently remove seeds with a grapefruit spoon.
- 3Thinly slice a flat edge from the top and the bottom of the tomato, (to stabilize it on the pan) and sprinkle inside tomato with a pinch of kosher salt. (Tip: should you cut too much off the bottom of the tomato and you are concerned the filling will seep out -- take the sliced off part and place inside the bottom of the seeded tomato).
- 4Fill each of the 12 tomato halves with the onion and cheese mixture from step 1.
- 5Drizzle a bit of EVOO on top.
- 6Add a cucumber slice to top of each stuffed tomato.
- 7Add a sliver of garlic to top of cucumber (if you have chosen not to put it directly into the cheese mix).
- 8Add a bit of basil on top of garlic (or cucumber as needed).
- 9Sprinkle a bit of EVOO on top again.
- 10Sprinkle with fresh parmesan and ground pepper if desired.
- 11Set tomatoes on a foil pan and cover with tin foil.
- 12Indirectly grill on the BBQ on high for 20 - 25 min until semi soft or bake in oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until tender but not too soft.
- 13NOTE - indirect heat on the BBQ is when you light only one side of the BBQ and place item to be cooked on the other.
- 14Serves 6 - side vegetables or 12 - Appys.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marmie's Baked/Grilled Stuffed Greek Style Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 354.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g