A wonderful fusion of flavors! I have tried dozens of Greek salad recipes, and so often they taste overly oily or plain. I have put together what I feel is the best of what I have made before and this is what I have come up with. (I need to write it down before I lose the scrap of paper I scribbled it on). I make a triple batch and keep it in the fridge... in a recycled store bought salad dressing bottle! I won't be buying Greek dressing ever again. Note: (I believe that recipezaar's nutritional information for this recipe is WAY out of wack... will investigate)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I like Balsamic)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh (1/2 large lemon squeezed)
- 2 garlic cloves (large crushed)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (dijon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 leaves lettuce (torn into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup tomato, grape (halved)
- 1/2 green pepper (bite size)
- 1/3 cucumber, english (sliced)
- 1/4 onion, red (thinly sliced)
- 24 black olives (pitted and sliced)
- 1/2 red pepper, roasted (diced)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves (torn)
- parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- 1Combine first 10 dressing ingredients.
- 2Blend lightly with wand blender or use food processor.
- 3Slowly add E.V.O.O. while blending until dressing appears 'creamy'. Add Parmesan cheese and stir. Refrigerate.
- 4Combine the 9 salad ingredients, toss with a bit of the dressing, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5Serve in individual salad bowls or in a large salad bowl, Layer lettuce on the bottom of the bowl and top with rest of vegetables and dressing mixture. Drizzle more dressing on top if desired and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- 6Reserve remaining dressing for another day.
- 7I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marmie's Creamy Greek Salad and Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.5
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 192.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g