Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful fusion of flavors! I have tried dozens of Greek salad recipes, and so often they taste overly oily or plain. I have put together what I feel is the best of what I have made before and this is what I have come up with. (I need to write it down before I lose the scrap of paper I scribbled it on). I make a triple batch and keep it in the fridge... in a recycled store bought salad dressing bottle! I won't be buying Greek dressing ever again. Note: (I believe that recipezaar's nutritional information for this recipe is WAY out of wack... will investigate)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I like Balsamic)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh (1/2 large lemon squeezed)
- 2 garlic cloves (large crushed)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (dijon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 leaves lettuce (torn into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup tomatoes, grape (halved)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (bite size)
- 1⁄3 cucumber, english (sliced)
- 1⁄4 onion, red (thinly sliced)
- 24 black olives (pitted and sliced)
- 1⁄2 red pepper, roasted (diced)
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves (torn)
- parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- Combine first 10 dressing ingredients.
- Blend lightly with wand blender or use food processor.
- Slowly add E.V.O.O. while blending until dressing appears 'creamy'. Add Parmesan cheese and stir. Refrigerate.
- Combine the 9 salad ingredients, toss with a bit of the dressing, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve in individual salad bowls or in a large salad bowl, Layer lettuce on the bottom of the bowl and top with rest of vegetables and dressing mixture. Drizzle more dressing on top if desired and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Reserve remaining dressing for another day.
- I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
I made this for my family tonight and it was very good! I love serving a salad with home made salad dressings! I forgot to put the lemon juice in the salad dressing so I left it out.