1/6 Photos of Mastelo (Lamb in Oven With Wine and Dill) With Potatoes
Specialty of the island of Siphnos (Greece). If you might use a wooden oven it will taste much better, of course!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put on the bottom of your ceramic pot the wine-twigs crosswise forming a grid.
- 2Put the pieces of meat over the wine-twigs. If you like you can roast the meat in a frying pan with some olive olive oil in advance.
- 3Spread one tablespoon of dill on the meat.
- 4Cover your meat with feta (optional), potatoes and add salt, pepper and the remaining dill.
- 5Add the wine and the olive oil.
- 6Cover the ceramic pot with the cover or with tinfoil.
- 7Put it in the oven for 2 hours at 200°C During cooking check from time to time if there is enough liquid; if necessary add some wine.
- 8If you wish a very tender preparation, continue to cook for 1-3 hours at 120°C.
- 9Note: I use a "Römertopf" for this recipe (link: http://www.roemertopf.de/english/).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mastelo (Lamb in Oven With Wine and Dill) With Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1065.8
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 244.8 mg
- Sodium 784.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 70.1 g