1/9 Photos of Meat and Macaroni Pie - Pastitsio
Comfort food.I posted this for the tour 2005 made it tonight and made some adjustments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente or 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs chopped meat (lamb or beef)
- 14 ounces diced seasoned tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted olive, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Toss pasta with 1 tablespoon oil and garlic powder.
- 2In a large frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic in a 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the meat and brown.
- 3Add the tomatoes ,tomato sauce, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley. Simmer until cooked through and the mixture has the consistency of a sauce.
- 4Using a greased oven proof dish, layer the cooked spaghetti and the meat mixture in the dish.
- 5Heat the butter, flour in microwave oven to make a paste about 30 seconds.
- 6Whisk eggs into milk. Add to roux and whisk to mix together. Micro 2 minutes. Whisk and micro 2 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Stir in grated cheddar cheese. Pour over the casserole. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes at 350°F.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat and Macaroni Pie - Pastitsio
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.1
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.2 mg
- Sodium 360.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: