Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Greek Appetizer that can be frozen. I made these for a Greek themed dinner party. I think I liked them better reheated from frozen. The original recipe came from The Complete Book of Greek Cooking at the local library, but I tweaked it a little.
- Saute hamburger until brown.
- Add wine,raisins, pine nuts,and spices.
- Stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Cut phyllo into 3 strips.
- Butter the phyllo.
- Place 1 tbsp of filling at the base.
- Tuck each side in about 1/2 inch.
- Roll up.
- It should look like a sleeping bag.
- Brush the top with butter.
- They can be frozen at this point.
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375* until golden (25 minutes).
- 45 minutes if frozen.
Sorry! Although I liked the ground beef/raison combo, I thought these dry and bland. It If I am going to take the time to work with phyllo dough, I'm looking for something a bit tastier.
We liked these. Because of the other review I toasted the pine nuts to add a little flavor. We tasted the meat mixture before making the rolls, then added a little salt and pepper to bring out the flavors. Next time I will soak the raisins in the wine and probably will use port instead of the cabernet I used this time.