Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
A Greek Appetizer that can be frozen. I made these for a Greek themed dinner party. I think I liked them better reheated from frozen. The original recipe came from The Complete Book of Greek Cooking at the local library, but I tweaked it a little.
- Saute hamburger until brown.
- Add wine,raisins, pine nuts,and spices.
- Stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Cut phyllo into 3 strips.
- Butter the phyllo.
- Place 1 tbsp of filling at the base.
- Tuck each side in about 1/2 inch.
- Roll up.
- It should look like a sleeping bag.
- Brush the top with butter.
- They can be frozen at this point.
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375* until golden (25 minutes).
- 45 minutes if frozen.