Bonnie Traynor's Note:
I was looking for a Greek Meat Pie and really couldn't find one, so I made one up! Enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 10 sheets phyllo dough
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- olive oil-flavored Pam
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1In a pan, heat the garlic with half of the olive oil.
- 2Add in the ground meat and small onion.
- 3When the meat is almost cooked through add in the tomato paste.
- 4Add in the salt, pepper, cinnamon and all spice to your taste.
- 5When cooked completely through, remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- 6Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- 7In a large lasagna size glass pan, spray the bottom of the pan with Pam.
- 8Add one sheet of the Phyllo dough.
- 9Spray that sheet and add another layer the same way until you have 5 sheets sprayed down with the Pam and layered on top of each other.
- 10You can let it go over the sides if the pan is too small for the sheet.
- 11Once you have the 5 sheets, add the meat to the sheets and spread evenly.
- 12Add the feta cheese evenly on top of the meat mixture.
- 13Make sure it is crumbled small.
- 14You do not want large chunks in one spot.
- 15Once you are through with that, start to add the remaining sheets the same way you did to begin with, remembering to spray each sheet as you layer.
- 16On the top layer, I sprayed with the Pam and also put the remaining olive oil on it spread evenly.
- 17You do not have to do this, I just like the extra taste.
- 18I also folded over the overlay to make it seal somewhat.
- 19Cook for about 15-17 minutes or until it is lightly golden on the top.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat Pie with Phyllo Dough
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.2
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.8 mg
- Sodium 778.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 24.0 g