1 hr 15 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is great served with Baked Chicken Kapama or any Greek lamb entree.Pasta and three cheeses combine in a phyllo-topprd casserole.From a February 1984 issue of Bin Appetit that featured A Feast of Heritage Dishes-Greek Dinner for 12.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brush 9x13-inch baking dish with some of melted butter.
- 3Cook macaroni in large pot of boiling salted water until tender;drain well.
- 4Mix with half of remaining melted butter in a large bowl.
- 5Toss with cheeses.
- 6Blend in eggs,milk and pepper.
- 7Spoon into prepared dish.
- 8(Can be prepared 1 day ahead to this point, covered and refrigerated.If refrigerated, bring to room temperature before continuing.).
- 9Cover dish with phyllo, brushing each sheet with some of remaining butter.
- 10Score top 3 sheets with tip of sharp knife.
- 11Bake 15 minutes.
- 12Reduce oven to 300 degrees and bake 35 minutes.
- 13Let stand 15 minutes.
- 14Cut into squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatless Pastitsio
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.3
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 198.5 mg
- Sodium 613.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: