Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dip your chip into this! Could be a side salad or a fresh Mediterranean take on salsa. An amazingly wonderful combination of amazingly fresh summery flavors. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen petite white &yellow corn
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno, pepper(s) chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, Chopped
- 3 stalks celery, Chopped
- 1 cucumber, Seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- Mix dressing ingredients well, refrigerate
- Ensure that all veggies are chopped to approximately the same size as the beans.
- Toss with dressing mixture, let marinate for few hours. Even better then next several days! Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, celery stocks for dipping, or serve as a side bean salad.
- Feel free to substitute any of your favorite beans, but the black beans are a MUST!
- If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, the vinegar makes it last extra long!
This salsa was really fresh and delicious. I used my food processor to do all the prep work quickly and made this huge recipe for just a few bucks. I took it to my work potluck and when people started raving about it, even those who said they don't like beans" tried it and loved it.
Use a thick crispy tortilla chip, because the thin ones don't hold up too well under this hearty salsa.
On a side note, I've tried a few of KitchenMistress' recipes and they have all been very easy and delicious! I hope you keep posting your recipes, KitchenMistress!