I was looking for some new burgers to try this summer and this one caught my eye -- from Sunset magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb or 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 other sandwich buns
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/4 medium English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1In a bowl, combine feta cheese, oregano, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoons pepper, and the lemon zest.
- 2Add ground meat and mix gently.
- 3Form into four 1-in.-thick patties.
- 4In a blender, whirl olives, dill, parsley, lemon juice, sugar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- 5Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoons at a time, to make a smooth paste.
- 6Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot
- 7Grill burgers, turning once, until browned on both sides and cooked through (cut to test), 10 to 12 minutes total.
- 8Split rolls and toast cut sides on the grill.
- 9Brush toasted sides with remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil and spread each with about 1 teaspoons of the olive spread.
- 10Top with burgers, tomato, cucumber, red onion, and romaine.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 938.8
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 164.2 mg
- Sodium 1068.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 41.9 g