I love any dish with feta and olives. Read the ingredients, makes your mouth water! We love it! Not for the "seasoning challenged" palette. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and having now made it, I can say that the family are very pleased that it's come here to stay, I used a small stick blender to blitz black olives with a tiny bit of olive oil instead of shop bought tapenade and omitted the capers (only becuase I hate capers, but DH loves them so will put them on his portion in future), and if you like olives and feta like we do then you'll enjoy this recipe. ZWT REGION: Greece.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine feta and tapenade in a small bowl.
- Rinse chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. With a sharp knife, make a 2-inch slit in thickest part of each chicken breast half to form a pocket.
- Using a spoon, stuff some of the feta mixture into each pocket. Season chicken with pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil and salsa in skillet over medium heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, tossing frequently, until barely wilted, about 1 minute.
- Place spinach and salsa on individual plates, top with chicken, and sprinkle with capers, if desired. Serve lemon wedges on the side.