1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Chicken
A healthy and delicious Mediterranean inspired chicken dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 thin sliced chicken cutlets (or chicken cutlets, scallopini style)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, garlic and oregano style if you have it
- 1 (10 ounce) box parmesan couscous
- fresh parsley or oregano
- 1Season chicken with salt, pepper and oregano, to taste. Add 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil to pan - when heated, add chicken cutlets and cook until browned and cooked thoroughly. Remove from pan.
- 2While pan is hot, add more olive oil if needed. When oil is warmed, add the crushed garlic and diced onions. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat. When onions are just about translucent, add the can of diced tomatoes (undrained) and stir continuously. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- 3While you are cooking your onions, prepare couscous as directed on the box (I prefer Near East brand in the rice aisle).
- 4When tomato mixture and couscous are done, plate your dish. Place couscous on serving dish. Place the chicken cutlets over couscous and top with tomato, onion mixture. It's a beautiful dish that can be garnished with fresh oregano or parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 232.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: