A healthy and delicious Mediterranean inspired chicken dish.
Make and share this Mediterranean Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 thin sliced chicken cutlets (or chicken cutlets, scallopini style)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, garlic and oregano style if you have it
- 1 (10 ounce) box parmesan couscous
- fresh parsley or oregano
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and oregano, to taste. Add 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil to pan - when heated, add chicken cutlets and cook until browned and cooked thoroughly. Remove from pan.
- While pan is hot, add more olive oil if needed. When oil is warmed, add the crushed garlic and diced onions. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat. When onions are just about translucent, add the can of diced tomatoes (undrained) and stir continuously. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- While you are cooking your onions, prepare couscous as directed on the box (I prefer Near East brand in the rice aisle).
- When tomato mixture and couscous are done, plate your dish. Place couscous on serving dish. Place the chicken cutlets over couscous and top with tomato, onion mixture. It's a beautiful dish that can be garnished with fresh oregano or parsley.
Ok I made this for the Spring 2009 PAC. I was not sure what to expect from this, since I have never cooked any food like this before. I am more of a throw it in a pan and let it go. This was all about presentation. With that I have to admit that it was extremely easy to make. I had no problems except finding the Couscous. I could not find the Parmesan kind, so I just got some Parmesan cheese and put in with it while it cooked. Well, when it was done, I plated as directed and it was very lovely! It looked very good and extremely appetizing. Looked like I slaved over the kitchen. Not so... LOL The taste was awesome. You have to make sure you get a little of everything in at least the first bite. The mix of them just sets the whole dish off. I will have to say, this is something that I will have to keep stashed away for those special moments when I definitely want to impress someone. True Kudos on this one!