Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my lighter version of a chicken pot pie, with Greek/Morrocan flavors and a figure friendly ingredient list. The flavors are simple but different, the meal is surprisingly filling. I highly recommend the Moroccan seasoning, which I purchased at Spice House online.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon moroccan seasoning or 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 4 dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 egg, beaten, for eggwash
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a hot skillet, add oil and chicken and sautee for several minutes, until chicken is mostly white. Add artichokes and seasoning, mashing with a wodden spoon to combine. Add dates and mash the mixture together for even distribution. Remove from heat. Combine prepped cheeses into the filling.
- Lay out phyllo dough 3 layers thick and put half the filling in the center. Bring ends together and press all sides in until sealed into a pouch. Flip over and placed on a lightly greased cooking sheet. Repeat the filling step with the other 3 sheets of dough, then brush the pies with eggwash until coated. Bake for 20 minutes, until pies are golden brown.
- For appetizers, follow all the same steps except divide the filling into 6 portions and cut the dough into thirds. Then fill smaller pies with the same method.