Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe that says flavorful and healthy is no longer an oxymoron. Marinade time not included.
Make and share this Mediterranean Chicken Pitas recipe from Food.com.
- 3 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup purchased pesto sauce
- 2 large pita bread rounds, halved crosswise
- shredded romaine lettuce
- chopped green sweet pepper
- chopped sweet red pepper
- chopped cucumber
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, garlic, basil, and oregano. Add chicken breast halves. Turn to coat chicken. Cover; marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally. (Can marinate up to 24 hours.).
- Salt breasts halves then grill over medium coals, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once. Slice into thin strips.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pesto inside each pita pocket half. Stuff with lettuce and sliced chicken. Garnish with chopped green, red sweet peppers and chopped cucumber.