1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Chicken With Feta Cheese
Chef TanyaW's Note:
This is a delicious and LIGHT! pasta dish as well as quite easy to make. If you love meat, then double the chicken... in the recipe I halved the original amount and like it much better that way. I added the kalamata olives to the original recipe and find it makes it a much better dish (but I loved it before the addition). I also use less feta than called for since I reserve a portion without for myself... I don't like feta. 30 minutes total prep and cooking... I work the whole time it's cooking. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless or skinless)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (Italian style)
- 8 ounces feta cheese (I use 4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1Bring water to boil for pasta, then follow package instructions and check for doneness (since recipes always take me a little longer than the stated time, I don't usually start cooking the pasta at the very beginning!).
- 2Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- 3Chop onions coarsely and add to pot.
- 4Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and add to pot.
- 5Raise heat to med-high.
- 6Cook until chicken is not pink on the outside (about 3 minutes).
- 7Add garlic, oregano, and basil and continue cooking chicken. Stir frequently.
- 8When chicken is cooked through, stir in wine and cook 1 minute.
- 9Add tomatoes with juice and continue cooking a few minutes until it becomes less juicy.
- 10Stir in feta cheese and kalamata olives.
- 11Garnish with parsley.
- 12Serve over hot drained orzo -- sometimes I mix it all together.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken With Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 423.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 23.0 g