1/9 Photos of Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
1 hr 20 mins
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
We like to serve this one as a nice dinner salad served on a bed of mixed greens! Cook time is actually chilling time, no cooking required, also makes a quick bean salad to bring to bbq's! Adapted from a WebMD article "The Part-Time Vegetarian"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (optional)
- 1Combine chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, basil and mozz cheese in a medium bowl.
- 2Drizzle olive oil, vinegar and salt over top and toss all ingredients to combine.
- 3Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour to let flavors blend.
- 4Serve alone as a side-dish or over a bed of mixed greens.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 647.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g