Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple salad best served at room temperature, so it's perfect for summer BBQs and potlucks. I think some marinated artichokes and some sundried tomatoes would be good additions to this recipe as well. I also throw in about 1/2 tsp of Greek seasoning in mine. Recipe from Dierberg's Everybody Cooks.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped (feel free to sub fresh diced green or red bell peppers for more crunch to the salad)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (tomato basil flavor works great if you can find it)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (I double this)
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh basil (optional, but adds a TON of flavor)
- Mix together corn, beans, peppers, feta, and onion.
- Mix oil, vinegar and garlic, then pour over the corn mixture.
- Gently stir to blend and chill several hours or overnight. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle top of salad with fresh basil just before serving. Tastes best at room temperature.
This corn salad was heavenly! The only thing I added was pitted kalamata olives. I also decided to throw in the feta just before serving rather than letting it marinate with everything overnight. Such a great side dish (but I can easily see myself eating a whole bowl of this as a meal, lol)! I featured this recipe in my blog - http://danasfoodblog.com/?p=970.
Fabulous salad and a great way to use up leftover corn. I cut the kernels off three large cobs that I boiled yesterday. That gave me more than a pound of corn, so I used 2 tablespoons of oil and 3 of red wine vinegar. Also used a little extra feta and about 2/3 of a large red onion, finely chopped. Added lots of basil (don't forget the basil)! Thanks very much for posting. This is going straight in my 100-star cookbook.
This salad is so good and the basil really adds ton of flavor. The corn and chickpeas are great together. That's a great filling lunch. I used fresh red bell pepper. Thanks JanuaryBride :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives