Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve as a main course, as a side salad, or use to make awesome crab salad subs!
Make and share this Mediterranean Crab Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb backfin crab meat, picked over
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 6 cups mixed greens (chef's choice)
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese or 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled and divided
- 2 fluid ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup shallots or 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, shallots or green onions, salt, pepper, and oregano in a large bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Remove and reserve 1/3 cup dressing.
- To the remaining dressing in large bowl, add crabmeat, artichokes, olives, and roasted peppers.
- Place the greens and half of the goat cheese or feta cheese in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle with reserved 1/3 cup dressing and mix lightly until leaves are evenly coated.