This is my version of a fabulous pizza I had at the Flatbread Pizza Company. It's one of my absolute favorites and I even make it on the grill when it gets too hot to turn on the oven in the summertime. It also makes a great appetizer if sliced into small pieces. Using the combination of the non stick foil and the oven rack ensures a crispy crust that wont get stuck to the pan.
- 1 lb pizza dough (store bought)
- 1 large onion, sliced and caramelized
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large edgeless pan or pizza stone with non stick foil.
- Stretch out pizza dough.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, salt and oregano together and spread on the dough.
- Cover dough with mozzarella cheese and then top with the goat cheese, peppers, caramelized onions and olives.
- Bake for 12 minutes (pizza should slide right off, if not bake another minute) and then slide pizza directly onto the oven rack and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven when golden brown.
I made this pizza tonight and the husband and I loved it, and it only took about a half hour to make including baking time :)
This was great! We hosted an office Christmas Party at our home with homemade pizzas. I tried this one and it was a HUGH hit!! I made it exactly like the recipe said (I did make my own pizza dough ahead of time), and it was fantastic. Thank you so much for such a great recipe!! Caroline