After coming in late from a trip, I picked up a Greek Pizza at a deli for a quick meal. We all loved it. Here's my attempt at duplicating the taste at home, which actually turned out better than the original!
- 2 (14 inch) pizza crusts, unbaked (I use Pizza Dough and Sauce)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup small fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 red onions or 1⁄2 sweet vidalia onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 -6 ounces sliced black olives
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- black pepper
- Pat the crust dough out on two greased pizza pans.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients, stirring until smooth. Divide between crusts.
- Top each pizza with half the mozzarella cheese, followed by other ingredients in order given.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400Ã‚Â°F for 20 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
Excellent pizza!! I used this with "Quick Beer Pizza Dough" #387067 and skipped the onion. Really good. I really liked the fresh spinach and the veggies. Colorful and tasty!
Very good pizza but was a little too sweet so would cut down the sugar next time. We cooked it on the KJ which gave it great flavor. Used Pizza Dough for Thin Crust Pizza for the crust.