1/3 Photos of Mediterranean Mixed Pepper Salad
If you love colored peppers (like me), this salad is for you! It is from a favorite cookbook of mine called 500 All Time Great Recipes. Notice how you make this ahead by 3 hours. Some people like lots of lemon and others not, so taste test it to meet your family's preferences. I did reduce the olive oil slightly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Broil the pepper halves for about 5 minutes, until the skin has blistered and blackened.
- 2Pop them into a plastic bag, seal and leave for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for about 5-6 minutes, until softened and translucent.
- 4Remove from the heat and reserve.
- 5Take the peppers out of the bag and peel off the skins.
- 6Discard the pepper skins and slice each pepper half into fairly thin strips.
- 7Place the peppers, cooked onions, and any oil from the pan in a bowl.
- 8Add the crushed garlic, pepper, salt; pour in the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, add a generous squeeze of lemon juice and season to taste.
- 9Mix well, cover and marinate for 2-3 hours, stirring the mixture once or twice.
- 10Just before serving, garnish the pepper salad with chopped fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Mixed Pepper Salad
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g