I love pasta, but am not particularly fond of pasta salads, until I tried this. A friend of mine made something similar, but it needed a bit more pizzazz. So I tried it and this is what I came up with. Please adjust the ingredients to match your needed servings. The description is for at least 2 servings.
- 1 eggplant (cut in slices, then quartered)
- 2 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 3 cups rigatoni pasta (cooked)
- 3⁄4 cup cubed feta cheese
- 4 crushed garlic cloves (I used herbed garlic cloves in oil)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- Have the rigatoni ready in a big bowl.
- Mix the olive oil with the balsamico and the herbs. Set aside.
- Saute the eggplant in a little bit of olive oil, add salt & pepper for taste.
- Add to pasta.
- Then saute the tomatoes with the crushed garlic, add some oregano to mixture. Once heated, add to pasta and eggplant.
- Now add dressing over salad along with the feta cheese and stir well.
- Tastes great chilled on a hot summer day.