1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Pasta Salad
I love pasta, but am not particularly fond of pasta salads, until I tried this. A friend of mine made something similar, but it needed a bit more pizzazz. So I tried it and this is what I came up with. Please adjust the ingredients to match your needed servings. The description is for at least 2 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 eggplant (cut in slices, then quartered)
- 2 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 3 cups rigatoni pasta (cooked)
- 3/4 cup cubed feta cheese
- 4 crushed garlic cloves (I used herbed garlic cloves in oil)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1Have the rigatoni ready in a big bowl.
- 2Mix the olive oil with the balsamico and the herbs. Set aside.
- 3Saute the eggplant in a little bit of olive oil, add salt & pepper for taste.
- 4Add to pasta.
- 5Then saute the tomatoes with the crushed garlic, add some oregano to mixture. Once heated, add to pasta and eggplant.
- 6Now add dressing over salad along with the feta cheese and stir well.
- 7Tastes great chilled on a hot summer day.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.9
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 97.9 mg
- Sodium 653.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 19.6 g