1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Pizza
1 hr 5 mins
You may use a store bought pizza crust if you don't want to make the dough yourself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast (rapid-rise if available)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- olive oil, for brushing
For the topping
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, quartered
- 4 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1For the crust:.
- 2In a large bowl (or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook) combine the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast.
- 3Add the water and oil and mix well.
- 4If making by hand, turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minute by hand, 5-7 by stand mixer).
- 5Shape the dough into a ball and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- 6Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 7Use olive oil to lightly grease a round pizza pan. Roll out the dough and press into the pan. Allow to rest for another 10-15 minutes.
- 8Brush the crust with olive oil and before adding the toppings.
- 9While the dough is resting in the pan, brown the meat in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 10Add the onion and sauté about 5 minutes (or until translucent).
- 11Add the cumin, tomato paste, water, salt, and pepper. Simmer 5-10 minutes uncovered.
- 12Layer the meat sauce on the pizza crust, leaving the edge uncovered.
- 13Top with spinach, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, tomatoes, and Feta cheese.
- 14Bake in a 400°F for 25-30 minutes until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese crumbles have melted.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (1949 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3225.5
- Calories from Fat 1144
- Total Fat 127.1 g
- Saturated Fat 49.2 g
- Cholesterol 415.4 mg
- Sodium 5037.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 362.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.0 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 157.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: