1/3 Photos of Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
2 hrs 30 mins
Very tasty side dish - especially for barbecues! (It can be made a day ahead) - To make it a complete vegan meal, just add chickpeas or baked/grilled tofu chunks. Serve with (vegan)tzatziki.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.16 ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 44.37 ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79-29.58 ml balsamic vinegar or 14.79-29.58 ml wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml brown sugar or 4.92 ml raw sugar
- 2.46 ml garlic powder (or to taste)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1Rinse quinoa in a strainer under running water and drain.
- 2Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and let it simmer for 10-15 minute (until water is absorbed and quinoa is translucent)
- 3Set aside to cool. Meanwhile prepare vegetables.
- 4Combine ingredients for the marinade, pour over cooled quinoa and stir to mix.
- 5Add herbs and vegetables. Stir again. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- 6Cover and refrigerate 2-6 hours or more. (Serve at room temperature).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.9
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 422.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 12.4 g