1 hr 5 mins
Punky Julster's Note:
Feta, walnuts, and spinach in a mushroom. What's not to like!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 medium mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thoroughly defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce gruyere cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Remove stems from mushroom and save for another use.
- 3Wipe the mushroom caps with a damp cloth or paper towel and set aside.
- 4Heat the olive oil and butter together in a small skillet.
- 5Add the onion and cook over medium heat, covered, until tender and lightly colored, about 25 minutes.
- 6Add walnuts and garlic to onion and cook for another minute.
- 7Add spinach and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 8Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 9Stir in cheeses, dill, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Arrange the mushrooms, cavity side up, in a baking dish.
- 11Divide the spinach and walnut mixture evenly among the mushroom caps.
- 12Set baking dish in the upper third of the oven.
- 13Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until filling is browned and the mushrooms are thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 46.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g