1 hr 37 mins
1 hr 17 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 lb ground lamb
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 fluid ounces white wine
- 6 tablespoons long-grain white rice
- 2 fluid ounces water
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1Wash the tomatoes then turn each one stem side down, and with a sharp knife cut the end to make an opening, leaving a"cap" on the tomatoes.
- 2With a small spoon, scoop the pulp out of the tomatoes into a bowl.
- 3Place the tomato shells in a baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle the inside of the shells with salt and sugar.
- 5Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onions.
- 6Cook over low heat until the onions are soft then add the garlic and parsley, and blend.
- 7Add the meat, the wine and water.
- 8Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Add the rice and tomato pulp and stir.
- 10Cover the skillet and simmer for 7 minutes, then add salt, pepper, mint and nutmeg.
- 11Remove from heat, and fill the tomatoes up two thirds of the way with the stuffing and liquid.
- 12Cover with the tomato caps and brush each one with oil.
- 13Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.7
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 68.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: