1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Style Orange Roughy
This is my absolute favorite fish recipe for its wonderful flavor and ease of preparation. I love Mediterranean food and the mild, tender Roughy is a fantastic compliment to the fresh and vibrant feta, caper and tomato topping. This is a great, healthy recipe that will have you feeling like you just ate in a fancy restaurant. I adapted this recipe from a recipe found at epicurious.com. As usual, substituting or eliminating any ingredients will greatly change the flavor as each ingredient compliments the other.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) orange roughy fillets, 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces feta cheese with dried basil and tomato or 4 ounces plain feta cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemons, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon white wine (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Line baking sheet with foil.
- 3Lightly spray foil with non-stick spray.
- 4Season fish on both sides with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 5In a medium bowl combine feta, sour cream, red onion, garlic, capers, tomatoes, lemon peel and oregano and stir until thoroughly combined.
- 6Add wine to feta cheese mixture if desired.
- 7Arrange fish on prepared baking sheet.
- 8Spread cheese topping over fish.
- 9Bake until fish is just cooked through, approximately 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Orange Roughy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Style Orange Roughy
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.0 mg
- Sodium 546.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
feta cheese with dried basil and tomato
lemons, rind of