This is my absolute favorite fish recipe for its wonderful flavor and ease of preparation. I love Mediterranean food and the mild, tender Roughy is a fantastic compliment to the fresh and vibrant feta, caper and tomato topping. This is a great, healthy recipe that will have you feeling like you just ate in a fancy restaurant. I adapted this recipe from a recipe found at epicurious.com. As usual, substituting or eliminating any ingredients will greatly change the flavor as each ingredient compliments the other.
- 4 (680.38 g) orange roughy fillets, 1/2 inch thick
- 113.39 g feta cheese with dried basil and tomato or 113.39 g plain feta cheese
- 59.14 ml low-fat sour cream
- 59.14 ml finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 44.37 ml capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon lemons, rind of, grated
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 4.92-9.85 ml white wine (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Lightly spray foil with non-stick spray.
- Season fish on both sides with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine feta, sour cream, red onion, garlic, capers, tomatoes, lemon peel and oregano and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add wine to feta cheese mixture if desired.
- Arrange fish on prepared baking sheet.
- Spread cheese topping over fish.
- Bake until fish is just cooked through, approximately 10-12 minutes.