1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Tilapia Cashew Fusion With Lemon Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
This is a fusion dish from some of the cuisines & countries surrounding the Mediterranean. The origins of Tilapia from the Nile River in Egypt, from Italy Marsala wine, from Spain olives, from Greece the lemon and basil flavors…and from the east coast of Africa cashew nuts. This is a light fish dish and with the tangy "Taste of Lemon"… is your mouth watering yet! Try it, you will like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tilapia fillets (approximately 1 1/4 lbs or two large fillets split in half, 4 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7 ounces cashew nuts (not raw)
- 1/3 cup mixed olive (green and black pit less)
- 2 -3 sprigs basil, leaves, washed and free of sand, then chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces capers
- 2 lemons, cut up into wedges
- 1Chop cashew nuts into very small pieces but not fine (motorized mini-chopper works best) and then place on a big plate.
- 2Whisk the 2 eggs and place into a bowl.
- 3Place the flour on a big plate.
- 4Place aluminum foil over a baking pan and grease with margarine.
- 5Place one fillet in flour (coat both sides) FIRST and then deep into the egg mixture SECOND; Next place fillet in the cashews and press down; Next flip the fillet and press the nuts into the other side of the fish; Then place onto the baking pan; Do this for all 4 fish fillets, also sprinkle the top of the fillets with extra ground cashews.
- 6Place baking pan with the fish into a pre-heated over at 325 degrees and bake for about 20-25 minutes… test to see if the fish is done, but not overcooked.
- 7THE LEMON SAUCE.
- 8Place 2 egg yolks in 1/4 cup of COLD stock and whisk until smooth.
- 9Add lemon juice, Marsala wine and salt to 1 cup heated stock.
- 10In a small pot heat peanut oil and then add the cornstarch stirring (add a little of the stock if necessary to prevent it from becoming lumpy); Next gradually add the lemon juice/stock, whisk until smooth and resulting in the consistency for a thick sauce; Let the sauce bubble for about 1 minute, then remove from heat and let sit for about 2 minutes.
- 11Next gradually add the beaten egg yolks into the lemon stock, whisk until smooth (do not let the eggs set).
- 12Remove fish to an individual plates; place some olives on one side; Drizzle a little of the lemon sauce on the fish and pour some of the sauce on the plate (by the side of the fish); garnish the fish and sauce with chopped basil leaves and capers.
- 13Add cooked vegetables to individual plates as desired and served with extra lemon wedges.
- 14Enjoy this mouth watering recipe!
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Tilapia Cashew Fusion With Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.3
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 240.7 mg
- Sodium 1571.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 41.2 g