My version of a similar tuna salad offered at the deli counter at Whole Foods Market.
Make and share this Mediterranean Tuna Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained (use your favorite, mine is Tongol packed in water)
- 3⁄4 cup artichoke hearts, marinated in oil or 3⁄4 cup artichoke heart, water-packed
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Drain tuna and flake into a mixing bowl.
- Coarsely chop, or quarter, artichoke hearts and mix with tuna.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix gently until just blended.
lots of really good flavors going on in this tuna salad - I choose to use some of the leftover ahi tuna steak from the nite before and it was awesome thanks for sharing the recipe -
Truly delicious! I loved the addition of the artichoke hearts and feta cheese with the tuna and lovely blend of flavours of the balsamic vinegar and oregano. Next time I shall add in some roasted bell peppers, I am sure that will be a wonderful addition too. I served it on a bed of baby rocket leaves and made a wonderful sandwich with the leftovers. Thank you, Susiecat too, for shraing this wonderful recipe, I definitely will be making it again! :)
WONDERFUL salad full of flavors I LOVE! I used extra green onions and quartered cherry tomatoes. I enjoyed it atop crunchy red cabbage. YUM!