1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Tuna Salad
This recipe was given to me by a friend of my sister's, who is a nutritionist/dietitian for a living. I thought it might be bad, but holy crap it was so easy to make and tasted like heaven. Even if you don't like one of the ingredients, try it and THEN judge! ;o)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice according to package directions; after, set aside to cool.
- 2While rice cools, steam the green beans until tender-crisp; then rinse under cold, running water.
- 3Transfer the green beans to a large serving bowl and add the celery, bell pepper, onion and basil.
- 4Add the rice and dressing (the dressing is comprised of the last 4 ingredients listed).
- 5Toss to combine, then add tuna.
- 6Toss to combine and eat immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time. (I prefer to refrigerate for a few hours.).
- 7(Additional notes: you can also use frozen green beans in lieu of fresh for the recipe if necessary, but please use FRESH basil! It makes all the difference to not be using a dried spice. Also, I love to serve these as tacos/burritos on whole wheat tortillas, but you can serve them however you want!).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.6
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 556.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 23.6 g