1/5 Photos of Mediterranean Turkey Meatball Sandwiches (Pita or Wrap)
The light and bright flavors in this Mediterranean Meatball Sandwich really elevates ground turkey to a higher level. Very nutritious and low in fat, and QUICK--- only 30 minutes start to finish! Makes a tasty and nutritious lunch or light dinner! From The Turkey Store meats.
My Private Note
Pita or ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh lean ground turkey (1 package)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (be aware that most lemon pepper blends are salty, so add any additional salt sparingly)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Combine turkey meatball ingredients; mix well. Shape into 18 (1 1/4") balls.
- 2Using skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray, cook meatballs 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center; stir occasionally.
- 3Combine sauce ingredients.
- 4Place 3 meatballs in each pita half. Add lettuce and tomato. Top with sauce.
- 5Alternatively, place filling in a flour tortilla, and fold burrito style for a wrap!
- 6Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Turkey Meatball Sandwiches (Pita or Wrap)
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 191.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: