This could be a copy cat recipe for Panera Bread's Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich, however, this is a little lower in calories and fat with the few changes I've done. I suggest using a dense thicker bread for this sandwich, it holds up better. You can substitute your favorite flavor of hummus.
- 2 slices whole wheat panini style bread (or whatever flavor you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomato basil hummus
- 1 green lettuce leaf
- 6 slices cucumbers (skin on)
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 slices red onions (optional)
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Wash and dry lettuce and spinach and set aside.
- Spread each slice of bread with hummus.
- Lay lettuce leaf on one slice of bread.
- Top with cucumbers, spinach, roasted pepper, onion (if using) and tomato.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Top with other slice of bread.