2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 5 mins
These are so good. They can be a savoury meze to enjoy with wine or ouzo, or a light meal or snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- 2Pierce eggplant in several places with tines of fork, place on a baking sheet and bake until soft, turning once, about 1 hour.
- 3Cool slightly.
- 4Peel, remove seeds and chop pulp coarsely.
- 5Place in large bowl (may be prepared up to 1 day ahead) Mix flour and baking powder into eggplant.
- 6Add remaining ingredients, season to taste.
- 7Combine well.
- 8Heat ¼ inch light olive oil (or vegetable oil – but olive oil is tastier) in large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- 9Drop in eggplant mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls.
- 10Cook fritters until deep golden-brown, about 1 ½ minutes per side.
- 11Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 12Repeat using up all of eggplant.
- 13Serve immediately with tzatziki.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melitzanokeftedes (Roasted Eggplant Fritters with Tzatziki)
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 25.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: