Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
These are so good. They can be a savoury meze to enjoy with wine or ouzo, or a light meal or snack.
Make and share this Melitzanokeftedes (Roasted Eggplant Fritters with Tzatziki) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Pierce eggplant in several places with tines of fork, place on a baking sheet and bake until soft, turning once, about 1 hour.
- Cool slightly.
- Peel, remove seeds and chop pulp coarsely.
- Place in large bowl (may be prepared up to 1 day ahead) Mix flour and baking powder into eggplant.
- Add remaining ingredients, season to taste.
- Combine well.
- Heat ¼ inch light olive oil (or vegetable oil – but olive oil is tastier) in large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Drop in eggplant mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls.
- Cook fritters until deep golden-brown, about 1 ½ minutes per side.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Repeat using up all of eggplant.
- Serve immediately with tzatziki.