1 hr 10 mins
"Eggplant salad with tomatoes and onions is a snapping opening dish with a vinegary edge" was the way this salad was reviewed in the New Yorker Magazine with reference to their first course for dinner. There was only one problem - they didn't publish the recipe! So I looked and found this on Greekcuisine.com. It lived up to my expectations so am sharing this with you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Wash eggplants, pierce all over with the tines of a fork place in baking dish or pan.
- 3Bake for about an hour or until soft.
- 4Allow skin to turn black so as to give a smokey flavour.
- 5Skin eggplants while hot and chop.
- 6Continue chopping while slowly adding the onion, garlic, tomatoes, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 7Place in salad bowl and garnish with black olives and green pepper rings.
- 8Serve with roast meat, grilled or fried fish, on slices of warm crusty French bread or as an appetizer with pita wedges.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melitzanosalata - Aubergine Salad - Eggplant Salad
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.1
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g