1/1 Photo of Meze Platter: Hummus, Shrimp Salad, Cucumber Salad
This fun assortment of flavorful nibbles is ideal for summer entertaining. End the meal with frozen yogurt or a fruit salad of halved fresh cherries and pieces of watermelon. BonAppetit Magazine, August 2009 edition. The cumputer has been playing gmaes with me, please forgive the headings in the directions. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika, plus additional for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 16 cooked large shrimp (peeled deveined, tails intact)
- 16 unpitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup diced seeded tomato (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon packed finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 unpeeled English cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt (preferably Greek-style) or 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt, whisked to loosen (preferably Greek-style)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon mint
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 4 -6 pita breads
- 2Place 1 tablespoon garbanzo beans in small bowl and reserve for garnish.
- 3Combine remaining garbanzo beans, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, cumin, and 1 teaspoon paprika in processor and blend until smooth.
- 4Transfer to small bowl; season to taste with salt, pepper & crushed red pepper flakes for that extra kick.
- 5Sprinkle reserved garbanzo beans over.
- 6(* DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before using.).
- 7Drizzle hummus lightly with oil and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- 8SHRIMP, OLIVES AND TOMATO SALAD:.
- 9Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and toss to blend.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11(** DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 12CUCUMBER, YOGURT, & FETA SALAD.
- 13Arrange cucumber slices on plate; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 14Spoon yogurt over.
- 15Sprinkle with feta cheese and oregano.
- 16(*** DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 hour ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 18Place marinated artichokes in small bowl.
- 19Arrange bowls of hummus, shrimp salad, and artichokes and plate with cucumber salad on large platter.
- 20Garnish with lemon wedges.
- 21Toast pita breads in toaster, then cut into wedges; arrange pita wedges on platter with salads and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meze Platter: Hummus, Shrimp Salad, Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.2
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 1242.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 25.9 g